PETOSKEY MIDDLE SCHOOL BANDS
Middle School band Updates:
Upcoming events for Middle School Band Students:
7th and 8th graders will be participating in Pre-Festivals and Festivals as their next two performances.
This is a great time for Middle School band parents to get involved with the band program! We need your help (especially during times when the High School parents would like to watch their own children play!). While we don't have official times for when each band is playing yet, we do have a sign up for when we'll need volunteers! Please click here to see what spots are still available.
WHAT ARE "FESTIVALS"?
Band Festival is an opportunity for member schools to perform and be evaluated by The Michigan Orchestra and Band Association. At this event, the bands perform three pieces of music for adjudication, one of which must be from MSBOA's required list. The bands are also judged on one sight-reading piece. Groups are rated on a scale from 1 to 5 with 1 being the highest rating possible. The overall score is computed using a formula which combines the ratings of three performance judges. Times of performances to be announced. Everyone is welcome to watch!
Please be aware, once a band's performance has started in the auditorium, no one is allowed in or out for any reason.
Festivals are scheduled for March 1 - 3 (we will know exactly what date each grade plays as the event gets closer)
Pre-Festival Concert is scheduled for: Wednesday, February 8th
WHAT ARE "PRE-FESTIVALS"?
Pre-Festivals are basically a "practice" Festival. It allows the students to practice their piece in a formal setting, reflect on how it went, and then perfect their pieces for Festivals!
Treble Clef Quiz
More Treble Clef Practice
Bass Clef Note Quiz
More Bass Clef Practice
Oleson's Receipts How To
- Stacks of 25 so the bottoms of the receipts are even.
- Only ONE staple per bundle located on the left about 1" from the bottom.
- Total the community shared points (at the bottom of the receipt) and write it on the bottom of each bundle.
- Write student’s name (and grade) on the bottom of each bundle.
- There should be only about 5-10 bundles at a time.
- PLEASE do not send in large quantities (boxes or bags) only once a year. It's preferred to have fewer bundles more frequently.
- Receipts can be turned in to Patrick Ryan
- Receipts do not expire.